Booking/ Cancellation Policy
By booking surfing lessons, and participating in surfing lessons, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- When booking surf lessons via the website, a 30% deposit is required by Ballito Surf School at the time of booking.
- Lessons booked by other means (phone, walk-in) are subject to the following terms: full payment at the time of booking.
- Other terms may be applicable for larger groups, but these will be discussed with the client at the time of booking. In all cases, full payment for all bookings will be required 1 week before the lesson, unless agreed otherwise (in writing) with Ballito Surf School staff.
- The prices printed on the website or on other media are valid at the time of publication. Ballito Surf School reserve the right to increase or reduce any of the prices at any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking.
Cancellation & Refunds
- Lesson times are subject to change depending upon tides and sea conditions, any changes will be notified in advance by Ballito Surf School staff via email, phone, or text message.
- Should Ballito Surf School cancel a surf lesson, due to adverse weather, beach closure, or bad conditions, then an alternative time/session will be offered. If this is not suitable, then Ballito Surf School will offer a voucher credit or a full refund to the Client of any monies paid for surf lessons.
If a customer wishes to cancel their lesson, and provided they give Ballito Surf School at least **24 HOURS NOTICE** they can have their booking rescheduled for another day. If a customer fails to arrive or cancels on the day, then they will forfeit their payment.
Less than 24hrs notice: If clients fail to arrive or cancel on the day, then they will be charged the full booking amount. Under these circumstances, there are no refunds, partial or otherwise.
Eligibility For Surf Lessons
- An indemnity/registration form must be filled in and completed prior to arrival at the Surf School before a person can participate, this will be emailed to the client prior to the lesson. Ballito Surf School does not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to complete the indemnity/registration form.
- Ballito Surf School management withholds the right to refuse participation in Surf lessons, due to and not limited to: abusive & unreasonable behavior, alcohol or drug influence, injury or health reasons.
- Escape Surf School assume no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage, or third-party claims which occur through no fault of their own or their instructors and cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of the activities unless Ballito Surf School can be proven negligent.